Gachet - Marseille
Rehabilitation of a residential building
|Project management||Quartus Residential|
|Surface||3 870 m2|
|MOE||Lead architect : Caractère Spécial|
|BET Structure : SECMO|
|Fluid engineering: Energie-R|
|Landscaper: Sarah Ten Dam|
|BDM: More Green|
This operation seeks to make this existing site, which is emblematic of the urban landscape of the district, habitable by offering it a new destination and breathing new life into it. The old carcass of the existing building will be dug out to bring light to every corner of the site, revealing the skeleton which will serve as a support for terraces, shades and climbing plants.
Alleys and outdoor plazas will organise the distribution of housing and increase the permeability of the neighbourhood, in particular with the creation of a new pedestrian alley crossing the site from Rue Gâchet to Chemin du Vallon de l'Oriol.
The project will take an ecological approach by favouring the conservation of the building and not systematic demolition and reconstruction. Also, the resulting operation seeks to be exemplary in terms of environmental quality standards, and will be awarded the "BDM Silver" label.
Living together and sharing will be at the heart of the project. In order to allow all future residents to benefit from the site's assets, vast shared spaces will be installed on the roof terraces, bathed in light and with a breathtaking view of the sea and Notre Dame de la Garde:
- a large solarium of 210 m² with a shared swimming pool to the east of the plot;
- urban vegetable gardens available to residents,
- play areas for the children in the residence
- a large picnic and social area to the south of the site. In addition, a large multi-purpose room for the inhabitants will be set up, capable of hosting several activities: group sports classes, relaxation, general assemblies, children's birthdays, screenings, small theatre, etc.
- A "village building" for the future, anchored in the past.